Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MY NEW KITCHEN!!!!!

It is finished!!!! But we can't forget where we started......

Remember where it all began? Dark cabinets and floors and a small, closed in space?
Even with the cabinets out it was still small and dark
Wow, much improved with white walls and light colored floorsAhh! The finished product. The lovely archway really opens up the space. The light colored cabinets are exactly what I have always wanted! Even though I couldn't fit the farm sink into the cabinets-I love my new sink and classy faucet!

See how the cabinets are taller? I am so happy that we chose to close them to the top with crown molding.
I think this is my favorite part-We have already used both ovens! The middle cabinet is the largest refrigerator that we could get that matches the cabinets and the bottom part is a 3 drawer freezer. The cabinet to the far right is filled from bottom to top with food-we made good use of space now that we have no walk in pantryThis is to the left of the ovens, when you look directly into the kitchen you can't see this as it is recessed about a foot back which is great since I am not completely fond of the white microwave, but for now it does the job. I like the 3 built in shelves for decorating!

We have 2 lazy susans and tons of corner cabinet space. The 3 sets of drawers below the cook top are all huge drawers that are made to look separate.
This 90 cm cooktop is amazing!! It works all by touch-no dials! It is twice the size of our old cooktop.

The large build-in spice rack is great and the hood pulls out whenever I need it for cooking or for light.
We changed the countertops to the woodgrain and I am so happy that we did! I love it with the stone tiles.Another nook that houses my fav french milk bottles. You can really see the contrast of the stone in this picture.

I purchased this antique light at a flea market when we first arrived in Germany 4 years ago! Who knew that it would go so perfect in my kitchen. We purchased the lamp shades at my favorite french home improvement store. The lights are on a dimmer and add the perfect ambiance to my new french style kitchen!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

It is gorgeous and I know you are so happy it is finally done. I wish I was coming back to Germany this summer to visit Allison because we would have to come over and let you cook dinner for us in your lovely new kitchen. ENJOY!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! It looks so completely different, like it isn't even the same room. Wonderful redo, you did a fantastic job. All the little details, like the built in appliances make it perfect!
~Michelle

Allison said...

oh my goodness!!!! It looks AH-MAZ-ING!!! Can't wait to come see it in person :)

jen said...

You must be so happy!! It turned out so pretty!! Your chandelier looks perfect and I love your valance!!

Jen

Becky said...

Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful! This does not surprise me because you have a fantastic decorator's mind/eye. I really want to see your entire home before I leave Germany (so hurry up and invite me over ;) ). -Becky

The Schauble Family said...

Kitchen looks Fabulous. Enjoy.

Emily Boyd said...

Looks awesome!! I looked at your blog again see!! I want to see pictures of your trip and Im looking foward to eating the cookin from your kitchen! Emo

A Southern Rose said...

I just found your blog. I love it and I love your kitchen. I plan on going back to the beginning and reading it all. I found you through Rose Haven. Come visit me sometimes.
Lee Laurie at A Southern Rose.

Kim said...

Now that is one bee-U-tiful kitchen! You'd never get me outta there! Great job girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Turned out beautiful! I love it.
Madeline

Marnie said...

Your new kitchen is fabulous! Isn't it amazing how the Germans can get by with so few cabinets and NO pantries?