Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FRIENDSHIP

I thought about finding an appropriate poem to describe friendship and all that it means to me, but I decided to just speak from my heart. Even though I won't meet most of my "bloggers" in person, it is sometimes hard to bear your soul to complete strangers. I suppose it is just more humbling than anything, but Lord knows I need to be humbled.

I have never been that person who had tons and tons of friends. A lot of times and even still, my heart is broken over such things as not being the "one invited". On many occassions I will pour my heart out to my husband through tear-stained eyes, asking the questions "What is wrong with Me?" I am saying all of this because the friends I do have " I cherish and treasure". I get much joy from spending time with those that I call friends. A simple phone call lights up my world.
Last night I was blessed to have dinner with my wonderful friend Allison. Allison is a person that I have bore my heart and soul to, we have talked about everything, and I mean everything. We have laughed and we have cried. We share our joys and sorrows of work and marriage and everything in between. She is a rare and beautiful treasure and I am so thankful that the Lord put her in my life. My heart is breaking that she is leaving. We shared a fabulous meal. She went and picked lovely tulips from the blumen field just for me. Thank you again Allison for your friendship-I know that the Lord put you in my life for such a time as this!

When you have a person in your life that you can truly call as "friend" make sure that you tell that person how much you appreciate them! Love ya Allie!


2 comments:

Allison said...

aack! you are getting me all teary eyed! :) you are such a blessing :)

A Southern Rose said...

Such a sweet and honest post! I feel the same way sometimes. I think my best friend will always be my little sister. She is there for me no matter what and me the same for her. I am so thankful for her. We really understand each other like no one else can.